Root Labs offers design assistance and review services. Our expertise ranges from network devices to crypto to content protection with many years of experience in the security industry. We've reviewed dozens of products for hardware and software vendors, financial services, and media companies.
Contact us if you're interested in finding out more.
When it comes to security and cryptography, design and implementation flaws can be fatal. Even experts make mistakes in these areas.
Products evaluated in the past for major companies include:
- DVD protection scheme
- Trusted computing component of hardware design
- Portable video player ROM and secure boot design
- AES acceleration block for x86 CPU
- Payment protocol and client/server implementation
- Set-top box personalization scheme
Our evaluation covers aspects such as:
- Hardware and software design documents
- Use (or lack) of cryptography
- Software protection
- Privilege separation
We enjoy helping design and implement new systems or security components. Our focus is kernel and embedded software, with some light hardware work (i.e., FPGA) for board interfacing. Contact us if you're interested in finding out more.
Systems we implemented, in whole or part:
- Blu-ray disc software authoring and validation tools
- Reference implementation of Blu-ray BD+ security layer
- FreeBSD cpufreq and SCSI target drivers
- IBM/ISS RealSecure